Thursday, February 12, 2015

Three Seinfeld Moments That I Had This Past Week



The 90s was a great decade. Many things happened during those 10 years, major political scandal, O.J. was bigger than the NBA finals, EBay was started, Harry Potter was first published, and most importantly I was born. Another great thing from that era was the sitcom of Seinfeld, a show about nothing. This past week I had three moments that made me feel like I was in an episode of Seinfeld.

Parking Garage
Last Friday I was in Salt Lake City. We parked in the City Creek shopping mall’s underground parking lot. It is pretty easy to park the car and go about your activities. However, as we tried to return to the car, it wasn’t so easy to find. Luckily after a few moments and with the help of the remote key we were able to find where we had parked. This event reminded me of where Jerry and his friends wonder around for hours looking for their car.



Kramer’s Car
This past weekend my wife and I had dinner with some family. As we were walking into the restaurant we noticed just parked outside the entrance was an old 1970s Chevrolet Impala just like the one Kramer drives through out Seinfeld. We chuckled with how similar it looked. The only things that were missing were the famous vanity plate and Kramer himself.


Pretzels
The final Seinfeld moment that I had this past week happened while I was at work. My manager decided to get us some snacks. Guess what he brought? Pretzels. I didn’t make the connection immediately, however, after eating a few I realized that I was in need of a drink to quench my thirst. As I was drinking a glass of water I thought to myself, “these pretzels are making me thirsty.” Seinfeld and his friends have a similar experience with pretzels.





So, there you have it. I challenge you to start looking for more Seinfeld references in your everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment